Winter Training Session in New Bern, NC
Who: Yokefellow volunteers
When: Saturday, January 13, from 10:00 a.m. through Lunch*
- 9:30 – Check-in begins; coffee
- 10:00 – Training session begins
Where: First Baptist Church, 409 Pollock Street, New Bern, NC 28560
How to register:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 336-724-9801
- RSVP: By Jan. 6
* Lunch is provided at no charge. A love offering will be collected.
** Photographs will be taken at this event. To opt out of being photographed, contact Vita Alligood at the above email address or phone number.
*** Is the cost of travel preventing you from attending? Yokefellow has limited funds available to help offset travel costs for those who are unable to attend due to costs. Email Vita Alligood at the above email address or phone number to apply for funding.
Click to download a printable version of this invitation:
Board of Directors Meeting
Who: Yokefellow Board of Directors
When: Friday, January 19, at 10:30 a.m.
Where: Hickory Grove United Methodist Church, 5959 Hickory Grove Rd, Greensboro, NC 27409
On Saturday, 10/28/17, Yokefellow held its annual training and meeting in Asheboro, NC. Over 70 volunteers attended the event and had a wonderful time!
- President David Morton opened the session with a prayer and devotional.
- Board Members David Canady and Kyle Fishbaugh explained practical ways to engage in Yokefellow’s seven spiritual disciplines.
- Executive Director Vita Alligood shared her personal testimony on the power of active listening and talked about why and how listening ministry can powerfully communicate God’s love to inmates.
- State Developer Carlton Gooding explained how to navigate boundaries in prison volunteerism, using examples from his experience as a federal prison chaplain.
- Board Member Chris Mitchell reminded volunteers what the structure of a Yokefellow meeting should look like.
- President David Morton wrapped up the training with an overview of Yokefellow’s relationship with the prisons and why volunteers engage in prison ministry.
The training was followed by a brief annual meeting in which the proposed 2018 budget was shared, the membership voted on the Executive Board for 2018, and Yokefellow’s new Executive Director and State Developer were introduced. Following the annual meeting was a lively lunch and social. If you were not able to join us, we hope you can do so next year!
Photos from the Annual Training and Meeting
If you would like a photograph removed in which you appear, please email Vita Alligood at email@example.com, and she will remove the photo.